Regenerative Medicine in Sandusky, OH
Regenerative Medicine Solutions at Sandusky Wellness Center
If you are a Sandusky, OH resident in need of regenerative medicine solutions, call on the seasoned professionals at Sandusky Wellness Center for comprehensive and innovative care. The fact is, most doctors in our line of work only focus on treating symptoms rather than getting to the root of their patients’ illnesses. This is where we differentiate ourselves from our competitors. Instead of putting a Band-Aid over your symptoms, our approach is to address the underlying cause of those symptoms. If you are interested by our methodology, we encourage you to keep reading to find some of our most frequently asked questions regarding stem cell therapy and regenerative medicine.
What Type of Regenerative Medicine Do You Offer?
At Sandusky Wellness Center, we are pleased to offer stem cell therapy through Wharton’s Jelly. During this therapy, our trained professionals will use umbilical cord stem cell injections derived from Wharton’s Jelly. This technique has been shown to exhibit immunomodulatory and anti-inflammatory effects, offering customers a form of regenerative medicine to help with a myriad of health issues.
What are Stem Cells?
Stem cells are a type of immature and unprogrammed cells in the human body with the amazing ability to change into other cell types. Stem cells are at the very forefront of our regenerative medicine solutions here at Sandusky Wellness Clinic, because these cells hold the capability to become many different kinds of tissue by simply making changes to their environment. They exist in almost every organ and tissue, as well as in blood and bone marrow, and even have the ability to multiply. Since these stem cells can become bone, muscle, cartilage, or other specialized types of cells, they have the potential to treat many diseases.
What Are Stem Cells Used For?
Under the right conditions and stimulation, stem cells can take on the role of any type of cell in the human body. These regenerative cells have the capacity to repair wounds, tissue damage, and even save lives. At Sandusky Wellness Center, we utilize stem cells for the following:
- Tissue regeneration – As one of the most critical uses of stem cells, tissue regeneration enables doctors to inject stem cells under the skin to create new tissue. With this technique, we can repair severe burns or injuries by grafting this tissue to damaged skin, so new and healthy skin can grow back in its place.
- Blood disease treatment – It is common for doctors to use adult hematopoietic stem cells to treat diseases like sickle cell anemia, leukemia, and many other immunodeficiency issues. These hematopoietic stem cells are found in human bone marrow and blood. They are capable of producing all the different blood cell types, including white blood cells responsible for fighting disease, as well as red blood cells whose duty is to carry oxygen.
What is Regenerative Medicine?
Regenerative medicine is the medical standpoint involving the repair of the underlying causes of disease rather than merely treating symptoms. It also includes creating new tissues and organs to repair or replace those tissues or organs not functioning as they could as a result of age, disease, bodily damage, or a congenital condition. The future for regenerative medicine is bright, as we hope in the near future, physicians and scientists can work together to grow whole organs and tissue in a lab and then safely implant them into bodies unable to heal themselves. Regenerative medicine is a breakthrough in the health world due to the fact that it addresses the huge clinical need which cannot be solved with transplantations alone.
Where Do Stem Cells Come From?
Stem cells begin to form as soon as an egg is fertilized in a woman’s womb. This unification of a sperm and ovum works to create a single cell known as a zygote. When the single-cell starts dividing, it is known as an embryo. During this process, one cell turns into a plethora of cells, with each new cell doubling so rapidly it forms into an entire highly sophisticated organism made up of a bunch of different kinds of specialized cells. This highly advanced organism, or human, is composed of billions of cells with very diverse functions. This is the same process for every living creature
Why is Wharton’s Jelly a Good Source of Stem Cells?
It has been concluded by numerous studies that umbilical cord tissue is the best source for stem cells. Wharton’s Jelly is an excellent source for stem cells because umbilical cord cell injections are derived from it. When it comes to Wharton’s Jelly, it offers the best clinical utility for the following reasons:
- Stem cells derived from Wharton’s Jelly have less non-stem cell contaminants
- They can be generated in large numbers with very minimal culture avoiding changes in the phenotype
- Their derivation is fast and easy to standardize
- They are rich in stemness characteristics
- They have high differentiation potential
If you are interested in our regenerative medicine options, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. This innovative solution to many illnesses and diseases has helped many of our Sandusky, OH patients, and we are confident it can help you live a happier, healthier life as well. Contact us today to get started.
Why Choose Us
- Our Approach to Healthcare
- Chiropractic and Medical Care
- Our Experience
- We Have Fun
- Family Atmosphere
- You Don't Have To Wait Long